Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Solitude...

...but just not quite there yet. It's early in the morning or late at night, however you like it, it works. I'm usually never up this late on a school night; so why am I up? First of all, I'm living alone and there are no parents here telling me to go to sleep for a whole month. Second of all, as I was doing my workouts I began thinking. That's right, thinking. What do I want to do? Start up my blog that I've been wanting to begin. Whats a better way than to spend your time documenting small time periods of your life? Then I asked myself, "How am I feeling?" Lonely, just a tad bit. Some of you might ask, "Why? Why do you feel lonely? You have the whole house to yourself, you can do whatever you want!" Try telling that to someone who's been living like this for the past five to six years.
There's no one else in the house, but me. My trance (heed this notice, it's called trance not techno) has been playing for the past few hours, and I have not heard much human voice. My IM window has stopped flashing and I have stopped hearing that ever so familiar bell sound. Where's the human contact?
This is more like a recap of a section of the past few years of my life, not a cry for help.
Hm, where to begin? As I mentioned before, someone may ask, "Why do you feel lonely? The whole house is to yourself! No restrictions!" That is precisely my point. The whole house is to myself; I am by myself. Everything I touch is artificial, nothing is organic (excluding the food I eat). I've been living like this for the past five to six years. It was not until junior year (when I finally received my driver's license) that I began to enjoy the freedom of being given the responsibility to look after the house by myself. However, I already used up all that excitement a year ago, the excitement of living alone does not hit me like it used to.
Now, if got my driver's license only a little more than a year ago, what was I doing the rest of the time when I was left alone? Here is where we come to look at the title of this post, solitude. I entrenched myself into this digital world of video gaming (I will revisit this another time, just know that it's different story nowadays). I was isolated from the rest of society, save for the people I met online. I made this decision to isolate myself. Yes, I have the sole power to make my own decisions.
Why did I do this? I ask this myself sometimes, I may not have a clear answer, but I'm pretty sure I know why I did this. It's because of the people I knew around me. Never, have I had friend(s) to trust in, to confide in. Never, in my whole life. This is no lie. I have never been close to anyone for more than a whole year, not even since elementary school. This is most likely because there is nobody, worth being close to in Saratoga, the city of the rich and wealthy; the city of the dirty and trashy.
This was completely true, up until the creation of TAG during the summer before junior year. EVERYTHING changed from then on. I told myself, I wanted to change, for the good of myself. I ended my gaming career (if you can actually call it career, I was never pursuing a future in gaming anyway), flipped my entire personality around (from being 100% shy to being more open), meeting new people, and simply deisolating myself.
Well, everything is going just fine for the time being. Life is great right? Apparently not. It's senior year and in about seven or eight months, I will be leaving most of my friends that I have begun to become close with in the last year or two.
Once again, it's back to the nomadic ways right? I'm forever roaming between people, never settling down in one place for a long period of time. That's how my life is seemingly like, right?



...wr
ong. That's how my life will seemingly be and stay like, if I choose to let it be. However, I have the power to choose. Therefore, I choose to not let that happen.

4 comments:

bebysofresh said...

:} no more being alone for you. nobody should ever have to feel that way. i'm glad you started a blog.

i'm scared to leave after highschool, i don't wanna leave my everyone. you can tell me how not to.

Harim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harim said...

i always thought i'll be happy if i'm home alone, but i guess i never realized how lonely it can get with no one in the house. i take many things for granted i suppose.. =(

this is a long entry =) and it really spoke to me. but I think things are going to go splendid for you, it's almost the end of senior year and you got vicky to accompany you :P

Mijer said...

i've always kinda wondered what's it was like for you to be alone all the time. Your parents always being away. My initial thought was how awesome it was for you, no parents = teenage rumble! Then afterwards, I knew how lonely it must be. I know it's not also from a domestic aspect either. You've told me before about how close friends have eluded you in past. You're right though, you are getting close with people. And yes, you have the power to prevent yourself from easing back into the nomadic lifestyle of yours. I'll try my best to be there for you. Just one call away.